Thursday, November 10, 2011

Favorite Times

I find myself truely enjoying the first ride of the day on Achilles and missing my late nights in the barn.

When I first moved into the indoor barn in Bonney Lake, WA I found that I was no longer limited by the hours of the day! Having an indoor arena meant barn lights! I often found myself riding until 10pm (pre-kids days). With it getting so dark so early now, we are having to turn on the arena lights at about 4:30 and I am reminded of those late evenings. There is something about the soft glow of arena lights... loping gently across the sand...the rhythmic breathing of your horse...

Most days I have been devoting the 9am hour to riding Achilles. The morning is so still with a slight chill. The busy day has yet to begin and I get to relax with my special horse. There is no rushing or running late, just peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment