Wednesday, November 16, 2011

True Love

True love is a strange thing. You don't find it; it finds you. What you may have thought would be completely wrong for you turns out to be exactly what you need. Whether you thought you'd be ready or not, you suddenly are ready. True love is amazing!

I was talking with my assistant and a student today and they were sharing their horsey love stories. It's funny how things work out sometimes. Both my assistant and my student described a list of qualities that they once thought would create their perfect horse. The top negative characteristic for each had been color. My student strongly disliked Paints... True love showed her that personality outshines color any day! Her true love is a Paint! My assistant recalls the day she came to my barn for an interview and couldn't believe I owned two albino horses. Really, one was a cremello and one was a perlino, however most people who have never met a double dilute horse in person (or rather in horse) mistake them for albinos. Before long, my assistant fell in love with the cremello gelding. Rarely does a day go by that I don't hear my assistant gushing about that cremello to one of my students. I think that every horse she meets throughout her life will indeed be compared to her cremello.

In the future, don't be fooled. True love is not what you want, but what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment